I’ve been living, sleeping, eating & breathing on this couch for 11 days now….and have another 8 days of this seclusion looming ahead of me. I’m tired of being a good sport about it and I’m getting crankier with each passing day. Looking out the window and watching life….French life….pass me by is becoming unbearable. So, I did what I do best………
I researched it on the Internet!
I logged onto “Google” and looked up “how to speed up bone healing.” Eureka! It can be done! By following a few simple steps, I should be dancing out of the doctor’s office next week. Well, ok, maybe not dancing but, perhaps, able to walk about with the aid of Cannes Anglais.
What magic will allow this wonder to happen?
1) No Smoking….. (no problem)
2) No Caffeine….. (au revoir coffee, adieu tea)
3) No Soft Drinks….. (I’ll miss you, Coke, but we’ll always have Paris)
4) No Non-Steroidal, Anti-Inflammatory drugs….. (Tylenol’s my new best friend)
5) No Alcohol….. (Sacré bleu! What nonsense is this?)
6) More Calories…up to 3 times normal intake….. (bring on the foie gras….another croissant, s‘il vous plaît!)
7) Vitamin and Mineral supplements….. (brought from the US – somewhere in our 2 large duffel bags, 2 suitcases, and 4 carry-on’s)
8) Homeopathic Remedies – Arnica and Symphytum….. (Arnica’s an old friend already in our medicine cabinet but we’ll need to make the acquaintance of Symphytum)
So, shopping list in hand, off Craig goes to the Supermarché and the Pharmacie, to fill the larder and hasten my journey to wellness.
Souhaitez moi bonne chance (wish me luck)!